John was so excited to talk to someone from his family that they could barely get a word in edgewise! It was so great to see them too! We will have to continue to use Skye when we get back to the US.
The Walshes showed MingGe their new baby chick - Chic Fil A.
The Daleys from New York showed MingGe their new cat and the Zeas showed MingGe their dog.
It was so nice to actually speak with and see some of our friends and family back in the US. We miss everyone very much.
I am not sure she knows what to think about our fascination with animals. For many here it is dinner! Actually, one of the specialties in Guangzhou is pigeon, mmmm. We were actually commenting as MingGe spilled some chips in one of the squares in the Forbidden City that in the US we would be surrounded by pigeons. They are noticeably missing from the parks and squares in China. Things that make you say hmmm hmmmm hmmm.
Tomorrow we check out of our hotel and go to the US Consulate. MingGe will be sworn in as a US citizen tomorrow afternoon, March 13, around 3:30 PM! We will go to the train station directly from the consulate to catch our train to Hong Kong. We will spend three nights there before heading home on John's birthday - Monday, March 16. John is very excited to have a 36 hour birthday this year, since we will be traveling east. It is certainly one he will never forget as he brings home the best present of all - his little girl.
D
5 comments:
It's been great following you guys!! Safe travels home and enjoy Hong Kong. We leave in the morning!
Jennifer
D-
What an amazing journey! I am so happy for all of you. I hope I'll get to meet MingGe and Jack on a visit to Maine....they sound like the best kind of brother and sister! Safe travels home.
Can't wait to see you all when you get home.
Danelle
I finally had the time this morning to read your blog start to finish! What an amazing journey. I am so happy for you, John, Jack and MingGe. You are giving her a wonderful life and family! She is a lucky little girl.
Hugs and kisses! Carolyn
Danelle,
Linda Strain forwarded this on to me...I am so happy for you and your family. Little MingGe is truly the luckiest little girl in the world. I'm sure Jack is going to love being a big brother.
Tori Walker
Post a Comment