Our guide was Jennifer. MingGe took a step back today and grabbed on to Jennifer for dear life. It may be that she was also scared. She has never been in a cable car and some of the steps on the wall were half her size. She was not interested in doing anything but leaving. After taking some pictures Jennifer, MingGe and I sent John and Jack on a short hike. We waited on a scenic overview where the cable car station was located. It may have just been a language attraction. MingGe understands much of what we are saying, but can not talk back so I am sure it is comforting to be able to have a conversation with someone!
After the Great Wall we went to a Cloisine factory. They walked us from room to room and we could see each step in the process. A small vase the size of a water bottle takes about 2 weeks to complete! I was not a big fan of this style of pottery or jewelry but I am glad we stopped there. It was very interesting and I liked many of their designs. We also enjoyed an authentic Chinese lunch at their restaurant. It was great.
The drive back to the City was about 1.5 hours. MingGe did take a nap in the van!
Back in Beijing we went to the "Blue Zoo". I was expecting a very small aquarium with some fish tanks. Boy was I wrong. It was a great aquarium. The best part was a 300 m moving conveyer belt that took you through a huge fish tank under arched windows. There was many species of fish and sea life. It was awesome.
MingGe turned into the happy girl that we have seen over the past week. She let me zip her coat and hold her hand on the stairs. When we went back to the hotel she played with Jack and I like before. Two steps forward!
We went for dinner at a rest right near the hotel. It was great. MingGe likes shrimp so we ordered Shrimp fried rice. She could not resist even though she was getting tired. Back at the hotel we played for a short time before hitting the hay at 7.
Although we took a step back at the beginning of the day we ended on a happy note. As she and Jack held hands and skipped back tot he hotel, John and I looked at each other and said "thank God" at the same time.
Tomorrow we will be visiting the Forbidden City, Tianamen (sp?) Square and the Pearl Market.
5 comments:
I have pictures of your daughter!!! I took them during our trip to Shenyang to adopt our daughter. Your daughter was well loved at the orphange. Please send me your e-mail address and I will forward the pictures to you right away.
We also have a few pictures of her from exactly 2 years ago when we visited the orphanage. I would be happy to send them to you as well.
Hello, I am sandy Hansmann, a US friend of Elaine's and long time follower of the orphange. I have had the great pleasure of hearing about your daughter and her progress over the last coupel of years from Dream Home updates. I am also an adopted person, and being an adoptee has enriched my life a 1000-fold. Many blessings to you and MingGe.
Congradulations! Your fammily looks beautiful and you all seem to be adjusting well. Isn't it remarkable how children help each other. When we adopted our second daughter we took our first daughter who was 3 and 1/2 at the time. Our second daughter had been in foster care so she was morning the loss of that family and it was my oldest who helped her along.
Hey eat some dumplings for me and buy some pearls for all. deb kepler
We are thinking of you often and the boys are looking forward to meeting their new cousin. Dylan hopes to learn how to use chop sticks from MingGe as well as how to speak Chinese. Thanks for posting in the blog each day, it's great to hear how you're all doing.
Post a Comment