Thursday, November 13, 2008

Waiting for LOA Day 29


Our best guess for travel to get MingGe is February. For those that want the details:

Our file was logged in at CCAA in Beijing on October 15.
On average it takes 85 days to get your Letter of Acceptance (LOA), then about three weeks to get Travel Approval (TA).

Once we have our LOA we can submit our I-800 to the USCIS office. This must be approved by USCIS, forwarded to the National Visa Center, then on to the US Consulate in Guangzhou. Our I-800 is done, printed and ready to go - just need the LOA.

Once we have TA from China we can request a consulate appointment, assuming our I-800 has been approved and received at the consualte.

All of our plans will revolve around our appointment at the US consulate in Guangzhou.

I am starting this blog today because I feel a need to do something. It seems a little early to pack!


I cannot stop thinking about our little girl. Jack, John and I talk about her like she is already with us! This weekend we will be taking pictures to send to MingGe and also working on her Christmas package. Elaine told us this week that we could mail a package to their apartment.

That's it for now. I want to try loading some pictures... Blogging is new to me!



No comments: